It's Armchair BEA Day 4 already! I don't know about you, but it has been awesome. Exhausting too! I've met some fantastic new bloggers... and that makes me happy. :)
Today is all about: Nurturing Book Blogging Relationships
In the short time I've been book blogging (I started this March), I've already had some amazing connections. I had no idea the amount of awesomeness that would accompany this new venture! I just wanted to have a place to talk about all of the awesome books I've been reading, and I wanted to be able to post the covers really BIG. I'm kind of a cover-lover. There, I just made up a new, hip word. Sorta.
Let me tell you about a few of the awesome connections that my blog has brought about!
1. Holly Black - because of blogging, I became more aware of authors and book signings. Holly Black and Cassandra Clare came to my neck of the woods, and I got to meet them and have my books signed! Yay! You can read about that here. I may have told her that my cat puked on her books, and that's why I didn't have 2 of them with me...
So, at the signing, we got these excerpts from the next books that they were releasing. I took a picture of the excerpt from Black Heart, and put it up on my blog. Holly Black found that picture somehow and posted it on her blog!! What are the odds? Well, being that I love photography, I couldn't have her use a yucky picture as her only way to share the new cover, so I took a new picture, cropped it in photoshop, and it came out much better (you can see it here). It was so weird to see a picture that I took popping up on other blogs! Holly has even replied to me on her blog and on facebook.
2. Kristen Painter - So, a few months back I posted a giant picture of the cover of Blood Rights, Kristen Painter's new book, on the Waiting on Wednesday meme. Kristen actually saw it and sent me an email asking if I wanted an Advanced Readers Copy to review. Can you believe it?? That was the first author to ask me if I wanted to review their book, and I was stunned. I am not that big of a blog, and I'm fairly new, so I was surprised she even asked me. I guess you never know! She sent me a personalized/signed copy, and I loved it! I can't wait to post the review. I'm going to be doing some fun stuff for the release (like maybe some giveaways and a blog tour)
3. Johanna Garth - I found Johanna through a comment on another blog or something. I followed her back over to her blog, and became a follower/commenter because I really liked it. She recently asked me to read and review her book! I think that is pretty awesome. I told her I would only do it if it didn't ruin our friendship because my review would be honest. She agreed, but really, I had nothing to worry about her book was great! I actually just posted a review of it yesterday!
I've even had authors like Amy Plum, Lauren DeStefano, and Karsten Knight reply to my tweets on twitter! It's unreal how approachable authors really are. Now to get the Vlogbrothers to talk to me...
It's amazing to me how much I've grown to love my fellow book bloggers. Right before I started book blogging, I read something by Kristi at The Story Siren that said something along the lines of book blogging is not a competition and there is room for everyone. This really struck a cord with me. I was afraid to start my blog because there were already super awesome bloggers out there. But really, that doesn't matter. We can all coexist peacefully. :)
There are an overwhelming amount of great bloggers out there, but I'm just going to share a few. I know I'm not going to be able to post about all of the bloggers that mean something to me, and I'm sorry to those I leave out. I'm lucky that I have some super awesome people that comment on my blog all the time. I love you guys!
1) Kristina - My World of Books: Kristina has been chit chatting with me the longest!
The thing that brought us together was the fact that we both live in the Pacific Northwest and we plan on going to the same author tour, The Dark Days of Supernatural. We've been talking about it nonstop!
Kristina's great at finding author signings, and usually alerts me of them. I love that! We also vary a little bit in our taste in books, so I'm always finding new ones on her blog. She also has an epic amount of books in her bookcases. You should go check her out! Kristina is friendly and all around fantastic! :)
2) Vy - Vy's Blog: Vy is one of the sweetest people ever, ever, ever. She is always commenting on my blog and saying nice things. I was surprised when I learned she was only in eighth grade, because she is so mature and her blog is awesome.
She lives in the same city as me! We both went to the Cassandra Clare and Holly Black signing, but didn't run into each other. Next time I'll plan better so that we can meet up. I think she's also going to the Dark Days of Supernatural, so hopefully then.
Vy is just one of those people that are great to have around. She's happy and helpful. Go check out her blog! You'll see what I mean. :D
3. Lisa - Lisa The Nerd - She's my newest blogging friend! She's funny and quirky, and has some pretty fun posts. I won a contest she ran a little while back, and for some reason we click.
I interviewed her yesterday for Armchair BEA, and her answers were fabulous! You should go check it out.
Lisa and I have lots of things in common: We love the Vlogbrothers, Harry Potter, Adele, and being obsessed with obsessions. Yeppers, she's a keeper. :)
I know that I didn't post about everyone that I connect with, but it's already one in the morning, and I need to get to sleep!
This is going to sound cheesy, but I can't wait to see what other surprises blogging will bring!
Don't forget to enter my Giveaway! Also, please check out my review of Losing Beauty and I'll love you forever! I don't want it to get lost in all this BEA stuff. Thanks and I love you in advance. :)