Monday, May 23, 2011

First Day of Armchair Bea! Who Are You, and How Do You Armchair?

Yay for the first day of Armchair Bea! 

Welcome! 


What is Armchair Bea?

Armchair BEA is a way for those who can't fly out to Book Expo America to join in on the fun! 

Book Expo America (or BEA for short) is a huge expo for book professionals - and that includes book bloggers! You can visit the official BEA website here

For those who can't make it out to New York City, Armchair BEA is the virtual substitute. It's a blog where bloggers can chat, post topics, enter giveaways, and more! You can click on the picture above or click here to visit the blog.


The Topic for Today: Who are you, and how do you armchair?


Who Are You?

First off, I'm Jennifer! I'm mommy to Charlotte, a witty and wonderful three year old girl. I'm happily married - four years this July! I'm a pretty mellow and nice person. I'm a bit of a nerd, and I fully embrace it. Yay Nerdfighters (if you don't know what I'm talking about, you must click on this link)!

Our wedding day!
Charlotte and me at Disneyland
 I have two kitties, Isabelle and Daisy, and one dog, Ben.

Isabelle
Daisy
Ben












I love reading! I've always loved it. I used to read R.L. Stein's Are You Afraid of the Dark?, and every Sweet Valley book I could get my hands on. Now I like to read lots of stuff! I read mostly fiction. Reality is for my day to day life - Reading is my escape. :) I am loving all things paranormal and dystopian at the moment. I just discovered paranormal romance, and I'm hooked.

I also love photography! When my daughter was born, I had lots of time on my hands just sitting in one place (because she would NOT sleep anywhere but in my arms!). So, I got on the computer and learned all I could about photography. It's an expensive, but awesome hobby. Reading is much cheaper, so I usually collect books instead of lenses. :)

How do you Armchair?

I armchair in my living room on my desktop! There is no way I can afford to go to BEA this year, so I'll be joining you all at home. I'm a stay at home mom at the moment, so I can't justify flying across the country for my hobby. I'm trying to butter my DH up for next year! It's not likely, but it's worth a shot!

I think I'll steal my husband's laptop, grab a cup of delicious french press coffee, don my pink snuggie (I love my snuggie <3! It's the NAP material from Brookstone. Mmmmm.), and cuddle up in "the corner of death" on our couch. It's the best spot on our sectional; most of our friends and family fall asleep in that spot! Don't worry, I'm too excited about all of this to fall asleep. ;)

17 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of all the people going to BEA, I wish!!

    I want to take a class at a community college for photography. I would like to have some sort of creative outlet. I have been playing around with my camera a little bit, I just learned about my macro button, very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I want to go to BEA! Maybe someday. This way is fun, too.

    You should totally join a class! I haven't done an official class, but it would be a good place to start. All the info you'll eve need is online for free, but it's super time consuming to find it all. Let me know if you ever want any links!

    I love macro stuff! I don't have a macro lens for my good camera, but I would love one. I do like to play with that feature on my little point and shoot camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first year doing the Armchair BEA and I'm having a good time with it so far! I'd love to get into photography, but I don't know that I have either the eye or the pocketbook for it. :) It's nice to meet you, I've been following for a while, I love your blog! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're doing the next best thing to actually going to BEA! Enjoy your coffee and snuggie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A few things:
    1. That video is AWESOME! Oh my, thank you for the introduction :-)
    2. Your family is gorgeous! (I'm including the pets in that.)
    3. I'm mostly a fiction reader, too.
    4. Photography is a hobby I would like to have, but haven't managed to get myself rewardingly into yet!

    Have a wonderful Armchair BEA; it's nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a photography addict too! Collecting books is definitely much cheaper than collecting lenses for sure! Your daughter is gorgeous!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/05/introducing-me-armchair-bea-kick-off.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such an adorable family! So glad you're participating with us in Armchair BEA! I wish I could take up photography, I think it would be a really worthwhile hobby to have. Have fun this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A pink Snuggie? Awesome. Mine's brown, but I rarely use it. My kids ADORE it, though.

    Glad to have met you via Armchair BEA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys are all adorable - kiddies and furballs! :)

    I have all of the Sweet Valley books (and the Baby Sitter's Club, too) in boxes and I refuse to part with them. I have to read the new book she put out. I keep forgetting about it!

    I was coming here to comment anyhow but you're doing Armchair BEA, too. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jennifer!! You have a lovely family including the kitties and pup =)
    I LOVE R.L. Stine when I was a kid his stories scared the bageebers out of me, i was happy when they made some of his stories into movies. It's nice to meet a fellow stay at home mom ^_^
    Im glad to have the chance to meet through Armchair BEA and I hope your enjoying it too. When you have the chance, i hope you come pay me a visit as well.
    http://spadeshighreads.blogspot.com/2011/05/armchair-bea.html
    Have a great week!!
    I'm also a new follower =) and if you wouldn't mind, would you follow me as well?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Thanks for following me on Twitter! I'm a new follower of your blog. It's so pretty, I love the header :). If you commented on my blog, I think I lost it (thanks to IntenseDebate) if not, nevermind! I hope you find an interview buddy for ArmchairBEA. Oh, and BTW I didn't know the Nerd Fighter term (not sure how/why not) but I've seen those guys before. Yay! I'm such a nerd fighter. Woot! Thanks for clueing me in. Here’s my introduction post! ~ Jen @ A Book and a Latte

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jen- Woot! Nerdfighters! :D I have your blog open (with, like a million other tabs, LOL). I haven't commented yet, but I plan to!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jennifer! Your daughter and pets are so cute! I've got wildefire to read as well, it looks awesome! I'm a new follower via A.BEA!

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jennifer, nice to meet you! I'm Amy..it's great you're taking part in Armchair DEA!

    Your daughter Charlotte is a cutie! I'm sure she keeps you busy!
    As a big animal love, Isabelle, Daisy and Ben ar adorable. It's awesome you dabble in photography since you've got some great subjects with Charlotte & your fur kids!

    I adore fiction, too. I read some meoirs and non-fiction but I like fiction for it's distraction from life!

    I hope you have a great BEA week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jennifer! The getting to know you post are the best of the week. Its fun to learn that book bloggers have so much more in common than just books. Like photography, kids and pets. BTW I love Oregon, we usually take a trip to the northwest once a year.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for commenting on my pupdog post! You have a full house! How do your kitties get along with Ben? We had a cat for the first 6 months we had Koda and for the most part they were buds but would get into a game of chase every once in a while :). ~ Jen @ A Book and a Latte

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Yay! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...