Monday, May 9, 2011

Review: Hex Hall

Title: Hex Hall
Author: Rachel Hawkins
Publisher: Hyperion
Goodreads | Amazon


Description (from Goodreads):
Three years ago, Sophie Mercer discovered that she was a witch. It's gotten her into a few scrapes. Her non-gifted mother has been as supportive as possible, consulting Sophie's estranged father--an elusive European warlock--only when necessary. But when Sophie attracts too much human attention for a prom-night spell gone horribly wrong, it's her dad who decides her punishment: exile to Hex Hall, an isolated reform school for wayward Prodigium, a.k.a. witches, faeries, and shapeshifters. 
By the end of her first day among fellow freak-teens, Sophie has quite a scorecard: three powerful enemies who look like supermodels, a futile crush on a gorgeous warlock, a creepy tagalong ghost, and a new roommate who happens to be the most hated person and only vampire student on campus. Worse, Sophie soon learns that a mysterious predator has been attacking students, and her only friend is the number-one suspect.
As a series of blood-curdling mysteries starts to converge, Sophie prepares for the biggest threat of all: an ancient secret society determined to destroy all Prodigium, especially her.
Review:

What an enchanting book!

There are so many paranormal books out there right now (which isn't a bad thing!), but Hex Hall definitely stands out! Sophie is such a great main character. I just love her! She's witty and funny and just so charming. She even cracks a dirty joke or two! I was laughing throughout the book. So fun!!

Rachel Hawkins does a great job of not only making this book light and fun, but somehow manages to flawlessly blend in the dark and mysterious. She's a fabulous storyteller. I look forward to reading many more of her books!

If you haven't read Hex Hall yet... do! It's bewitching! ;)

10 comments:

  1. Great review! I've had my eye on this one for awhile now and am trying to take in more reviews before making a decision on whether or not to read it! This adds to the positives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this book and I haven't gotten to it yet. I need too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this one but I'm so glad to read you enjoyed it. Thanks for great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not read a single neg review about this series. I need to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! I need to read this book.

    New follower (I saw you on Holly Black's Goodreads group)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome review and love this book! She is an amazing storyteller. I hope you get a chance to read Demonglass soon, it's even better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like such a fun read! I am definitely adding it to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the review! This has been on my TBR list forever. My book club is reading it this month, so I'm finally going to get around to reading it.

    -Cassandra @ Wickedly Delicious Tales

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's true-there are a ton of paranormals out there but this one sounds like a lot of fun! Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Yay! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...