Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Review: Rapunzel's Amazing Hair

Welcome to my first children's book review!

I have a three year old daughter that I love to read with. Plus, I just love kids books! I thought I'd share some of our favorites, old and new.

Title: Rapunzel's Amazing Hair
Author: Kiki Thorpe
Illustrator: Claire Keane
Publisher: Disney Press
Goodreads | Amazon

I couldn't find a decent picture of this book online, so I took this one myself. You can click on any of the pictures to make them bigger.

Description from Disney:
With fun, simple rhymes and vibrant illustrations by Claire Keane, one of the film’s animators, this jacketed picture book focuses on the funny and amazingly unexpected things Rapunzel does with her long golden tresses.

My Review:

This book is fabulous!

I recently went on a trip to Disneyland, and saw this book in one of the shops on Main Street. We didn't bring home very many souvineers, but as soon as I saw this book I knew it was going to be one of them.

First of all, if you haven't seen Tangled, then do! It is such a cute movie, and the music is awesome.

The writing in Rapunzel's Amazing Hair is really cute and whimsical, and the illustrations in it are so vibrant and beautiful.

From Claire Keane's blog, Claire on a Cloud:

Some pictures I took myself, to share with you:

Bright, colorful pages:

Cute, whimsical writing and illustrations:


My daughter and I both really enjoy this book. There are so many things that Rapunzel's hair can do! What is her amazing hair really, when she doesn't have the freedom to enjoy it as she wants?

Beautiful pictures. Beautiful words. A great addition to our personal library.

8 comments:

  1. Hi, I've just started following your blog! It looks fantastic and You've put in so much effort.
    Keep up the good work!

    Leanne @ Magic of Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks Leanne! That made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! How cute. It's so cool that you've begun to review children's books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this kids book review! the colours look really intense.

    my kids haven't seen the movie yet but it comes out on dvd here next month ~ i think my daughter will love it (my boys too probably :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She'll love it! It's super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in my final year at university, before becoming a Primary School (Elementary School for those in the US) teacher. While in the classroom for the practical part of my courses, I love reading books to the class. The students seem to enjoy the different character voices, and I enjoy the stories. Literature is a great gift, and it’s great to be able to share it with children. Thanks for sharing!

    Alisa @ the Novel Nook

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so neat, Alisa! I was going to go to school to become an elementary school teacher, but then I later changed my major to biology.

    This is a great book, and my daughter really enjoys it too!

    Jennifer of Little Shelf

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Yay! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...