So today is Giveaway Day on the Armchair BEA blog! Armchair BEA is doing giveaways the whole week, but some bloggers are also participating. Click here to see the list of blogs doing a giveaway. I didn't do a giveaway this year, because I read about all of this a little late. I'll definitely have to do one next year!
UPDATE: I decided to do a giveaway! Click HERE to enter!
Best of 2011
Alright, where to start? I've had a pretty darn fabulous year in books so far! As far as bookish things go, starting my blog has been my favorite thing. It has brought so much to me that I didn't even realize would come along with blogging about my love for books. It's been amazing.
I have read some fantastic books this year. How about a Top Ten List? Yes? Ok!
Top Ten Books I Have Read So Far In 2011 (in no particular order):
1. Blood Rights | Kristen Painter - Oh my gosh, I can't wait for this book to come out so you all can read it! I won't have a review up of it until closer to it's release date, but it was awesome. I plan on doing a blog tour and probably a giveaway when this one releases.
2. Toil and Trouble (Jolie Wilkins #2) | H.P. Mallory - I thought the first book in this series (Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble) was good, but the second one blew me away! I am dying to read the next book in the series!
3. Dark Fever | Karen M. Moning - This series was a-freaking-mazing! Holy moly. If you haven't read it yet - do! It took me a little while to get past the beginning, but it picks up quickly and never lets you go. Love!
4. Blood Promise (Vampire Academy #4) | Richelle Mead - Well, I loved the whole series, but I loved this one the most. It was gut wrenching and awful- just awesome! This book is what made me fall in love with the series.
5. The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld #1) | Gena Showalter - This is my current obsession! I just bought the third and fourth books. I can't wait to read them! So yummy!
6. Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood #1) | J.R. Ward - This book was awesome! I loved the world and the characters. I'm excited to read the rest of the series.
7. Unearthly | Cynthia Hand - This one made me cry! Ugh, there was one part where I could just feel her hurting and it really got to me.
8. Paper Towns | John Green - John Green has such a way with words. I love the way he writes and the way he talks. It's a bit poetic.. or something.
If you haven't seen John and his brother on Youtube, click here. You want a more bookish video? Oh, well then you should watch this one:
You're Welcome. :)
9. The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide Stephenie Meyer - Oh my gosh, this book is awesome. I'm a huge Twilight fan, and this was an awesome addition to my collection. I am still slowly savoring it, so I haven't finished it yet.
10. The Forest of Hands and Teeth | Carrie Ryan - This book was so amazing. I read it in less than 24 hours. I couldn't put it down!
So, yep. That's my top ten of 2011, so far. There were many other books that I really loved this year! It was hard to only pick ten. I still have a pretty awesome pile of books that I haven't even read yet!
They were kind of all over the map too - young adult, paranormal romance, zombies, and Margo Roth Spiegelman...
I hope the second half of 2011 brings just as much awesomeness!