Saturday, May 21, 2011

Review: The Darkest Kiss - Lords of the Underwolrd #2

Title: The Darkest Kiss - Lords of the Underworld #2
Author: Gena Showalter
Publisher: Harlequin Books
Goodreads | Amazon



Description (from Goodreads): 
She has tempted many men...but never found her equal. Until now.
Though she has lived for centuries, Anya, goddess of anarchy, has never known pleasure. Until Lucien, the incarnation of death--a warrior eternally doomed to take souls to the hereafter. He draws her like no other. And Anya will risk anything to have him.

But when the merciless Lord of the Underworld is ordered by the gods to claim Anya herself, their uncontrollable attraction becomes an anguished pursuit. Now they must defeat the unconquerable forces that control them, before their thirst for one another demands a sacrifice of love beyond imagining...
 Review:

This series is awesome!

This time the book focuses mostly around Lucien and Anya. While I didn't attach to these characters as much as I did to Ashlyn and Maddox (from the first book), this book was still equally great. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite series!

Anya was a bit annoying at times with the way she talks (think valley girl teen speak "like, oh my gosh" kind of stuff), but I soon forgot about her annoying ways and grew to truly like her. She is completely misjudged by all of those around her as promiscuous because of her mothers reputation. It's no wonder she acts the way that she does!

Lucien was a great character! He is one of the warriors that are inhabited by demons - his being Death. He has to usher souls to their final resting place. I loved reading the suspenseful turmoil he goes through as he fights himself about doing what is commanded of him, and what he wants. His background is heartbreaking and I was completely engulfed in his and Anya's struggles throughout the whole book.

So, this is random, but I love that Lucien has one blue eye and one brown. It makes him all that much more mysterious and alluring.

The Darkest Kiss was all about a forbidden love, and it was just as yummy as The Dark Night. I am eagerly looking forward to the next book!

The books in this series:
The Darkest Fire (a mini prequel)
The Darkest Night (you can read my review here)
The Darkest Kiss
The Darkest Pleasure
Dark Beginnings (bonus material and a few short stories)
The Darkest Whisper
The Darkest Passion
The Darkest Lie
The Darkest Secret
The Darkest Surrender (to be published later this year)
The Darkest Facts (a series companion)

Up next in this series: 
The Darkest Pleasure | Gena Showalter
Goodreads | Amazon
This one is about Reyes, keeper of the Demon of Pain. I can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. One day I will read this series, I have started to collect them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Definitely read them! I am so loving this series. I am going to go find the next few books in the series tomorrow because I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Yay! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...