Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Review: Unearthly

Title: Unearthly
Author: Cynthia Hand
Publisher: Harper Teen
Goodreads | Amazon | Powells



Description (from Goodreads):
In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees . . . .
Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn't easy.
Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place—and out of place at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.
As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make—between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?
Unearthly is a moving tale of love and fate, and the struggle between following the rules and following your heart.

Review:

I loved this book!

I'm going to keep this review really short and simple.

I thought that Unearthly was fantastic! I have been craving a really captivating tale about angels, and this one did not disappoint. The mystery behind Clara's purpose was suspenseful and had me wondering the whole time. I thought the storyline was original and engaging. I was so wrapped up in the story that I was actually in tears at one point (I'm dying to tell you why, but no spoilers from me)! There were things that happened that I never thought I would have liked, but then I felt myself surprised, just like Clara.

This is a series, so there are still lots of unanswered questions! Now what?? I have to know! It's going to be a looooong wait until the next one comes out in 2012.

Oh, and can I just say how gorgeous I think this cover is? It's stunning! I don't think that I picture Clara as anything like the girl on the cover, but that's ok - I still love it.

I have nothing to say but great things about this book. Read it! I don't think you'll regret it.

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked it that much !! I loved this book and just like you I'm desperately waiting for the second book now =) !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a new author to me so I'm really happy to have read your review. It sounds like an excellent book. It's strange sometimes when the cover image doesn't match the image of the character you have in your mind. Now you have me really interested to find out what my impression of Clara would be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know! how good is it?

    fab review! i can't wait for #2 :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read this book recently and I really liked it too. I can't wait to find out what happens in the next book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you enjoyed it because I loved it as well! To be honest, I don't know how to wait for the sequel, because I need to know what will happen now. :D

    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only heard good things about this, and I am glad you also loved it :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you enjoyed this book. I loved it SO much! Can't wait for the rest of the trilogy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are other perks and powers to having angel blood, but I don't want to spoil any of the surprises! No mention is made of whether or not Clara's children will have any angelic abilities, as the angel blood power seems to become diluted, with Dimidius being stronger than Quartarius.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Yay! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...