Sunday, May 22, 2011

In My Mailbox (10)

In My Mailbox is a meme that is hosted by The Story Siren. It's a fun way to share what books we got for the week. They can be from publishers, the library, bought, or whatever.



Another great week in books for me! I think having a book blog kind of makes me want to buy more and more books. LOL! Hey, I try to buy them on sale or the cheap mass market ones, so there. :P

So here's the Vlog (or you can just scroll down and see the pictures instead). Sorry that the quality isn't the greatest. I'm having a hard time getting my good camera to do what I want it to do :



See one of my kitties down there? That's Isabelle. :)

For Review:


Wildefire | Karsten Knight
Aaaaah!!! I can't even tell you how freakin excited I am for this one!! I got it on the Simon and Schuster Galley Grab (a program for reviewers for those of you don't know). I'd love a hard copy, but if the only way I'll get to read this is on my computer screen, I'll do it! I can't wait to dig into this! Yes!!

Cinder and Ella | Melissa Lemon
This one sounds cute! I got it from NetGalley.

Losing Beauty | Johanna Garth
Goodreads | Amazon
I'm a follower of Johanna's blog, Losing Sanity. She asked me if I wanted to review her book, and I said as long as it doesn't ruin our blogger friendship! LOL.  Thanks Johanna! I'm almost done with it and I will have a review up sometime this week I think!


Bought:

Wicked Enchantment | Anya Bast
I totally bought this one because I love the cover of the newest book (Dark Enchantment). I figured I should start at the beginning of the series. ;) (even if I don't really love this cover as much).

The Darkest Kiss | Gena Showalter
Once I started book one, I knew that I HAD to pick up the second book in the series.I just posted the review yesterday.

Divergent | Veronica Roth
I had a 40% off coupon for Borders, so I ran out and bought this one!! Yay!!! I can't wait to get it signed at the Dark Days of Supernatural Tour! 

Free:

 The Girl Who Loved Historical Romance | Multiple authors
My friend Tina saw this sitting out at Powells. It was free! It's a sampler of first chapters from some historical romance novels. It's even signed by Courtney Milan! Yay for free. :)

21 comments:

  1. Great books! I haven't heard of Wildefire before, but it looks really good and i've noticed it pop up in several IMMs this week.

    Divergent!! Am super jealous. I'm trying not to buy full-priced books but i've heard so many amazing things about it! Looking forward to reading what you thought of it.

    The Girl Who Loved Historical Romance sounds very cool. They should do do one of those for YA genres. Hehe, I like the 'with bonus alter ego' thing.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all looks great! I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Cinder and Ella---sounds like a fun retelling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi i'm a new follower :).

    Great IMM !
    I've heard so many good things about Divergent :p. Even if I'm broke right now I bought this one a few days ago I can't wait to receive it now !

    Happy reading !

    ReplyDelete
  4. FREE books=Happy readers!! Congrats on that!

    I also got Wildefire and can't wait to read it this week!! It sounded incredible!!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT reading week!

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent books especially when they are free! :D You cannot go wrong with those two words being placed together. I've seen Wildfire on so many other blogs, so I know I'll have to check it out. Totally love Gena Showalter, so I hope you enjoy The Darkest Kiss. :) Thank you for sharing!

    Check out my IMM

    Have a lovely reading week!
    DJL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm super excited for the Dark Days Tour! I still haven't purchased any of the books but looking forward to what you'll think of Divergent. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice IMM this week. Wildefire looks SO good and I loved Divergent! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    -Sandra from http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to read your review of Wildefire (I downloaded it, too). You got some really good books!
    Love the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've just downloaded Wildefire. I hope it's good. I got Divergent last week. Didn't like it as much as I thought I would. But it's still good. Happy reading!

    - Chel
    The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wildefire looks amazing. That cover is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY for us both snagging Wildefire! I haven't started yet, but I'm trying to worm in some time to dedicate to reading off the computer. SO excited to get start. And OMG I LOVE DIVERGENT!!! <3 SO AMAZING! You have some awesome books this week, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved Divergent! Hope you enjoy it. And The Girl Who Loved Historical Romance looks awesome. I'll be adding that to my TBR list. Great way to sample new books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did you see Borders 50% off coupon for this weekend, it ends on monday.

    Lots of awesome books. I want to read Anya Bast's books as well! I love the fae

    ReplyDelete
  15. 'Divergent' is awesome -- hope you enjoy it!! I'm definitely excited for 'Wildefire' ... everyone seems to love it, and it sounds really great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I did Kristina!! I can't wait to use it tomorrow. I was pretty excited to see that in my inbox a couple days ago. Yay! I'm glad to see that you've heard of Anya because I've never heard of her. I thought the book sounded interesting so I picked it up anyways. I hope so!

    Vy- I'll have to find you and say hi this time! i can't wait for Dark Days either. So excited!

    Gemma- yeah, a YA version of that sampler would be awesome!!

    Thanks Maestra Amanda! :)

    Thanks to all who commented! i love y'all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post! I'm your 100th follower hehe :)! Thank you for following me!. I received Wildefire as a R.A.K. and looking forward to getting started on it :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Check out Anya Bast's blog, she has contests going every day till her new book comes out.
    http://www.anyabast.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Kristina!

    I totally noticed you were my 10oth follower, Moonlight Gleam! Thank you! Yay! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great books this week. I was so excited to get Wildefire too. And I have Divergent on my tbr pile - must get to it soon.
    Happy reading.
    Sally.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Yay! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...