Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Watchout! Some Major Fan-girling Ahead!

You guys, I want this book so bad.

Like, BAD.

More than any other book that I can think of, and I have a pretty extensive list of wants (who doesn't, right?).

What book?

Why, Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi, of course: 

This is just the Advanced Reader's Edition. The real cover is going to be released soon.


Synopsis from Goodreads:
Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days. The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old-girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.  

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now. Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior. 

Have you heard of it? Have you seen the trailer?? I don't typically even watch book trailers, but I LOVE this one:


Yeah... I know. Sounds amazing!

my reaction when I first saw it:


For those of you on Twitter, if you don't already follow Tahereh Mafi, do! She's quirky and sweet. She makes me laugh and gives me warm fuzzies on a daily basis. Her, and Maureen Johnson. Want to know how to say Tehereh? Listen to this: click here

*Whew!* Feels good to get out some of that excitement that's bubbling over inside me!

Oh! And! AND! There is a contest you can enter to win an Advanced Readers copy on her blog: click here

What about you? What are you dying to read?



15 comments:

  1. Sounds very interesting, reminds me of Rogue from X-Men. You should send a request to review to the publisher, it wouldn't hurt to try it for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES YOU CAN HAZ THAT =) good luck for the contest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound amazing. Imagine being turned into a weapon. Wow! great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The heroine sounds fantastic-I hope she ends up becoming a warrior and not a weapon! Crossing my fingers there's romance in this book:D

    My WoW

    Felicia @ A Novel Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds super awesome!!

    Check out our WoW, and while your there don't miss out on a couple of great giveaways and events HERE, and HERE!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am dying to read this one. One of many good books due out this fall. Awesome!

    Marla @ Starting the Next Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm crazy excited for the cover release and the book release! Gosh the trailer and the synopsis omg.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK you've sold me on it. It's going on my wishlist.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to read this now!! Thanks for posting!

    My WoW: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/06/www-8-and-waiting-on-wednesday-june.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are adorable. And I am SO excited for this book. The more I hear it mentioned the more fangirl-y I get.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kristina- I'm glad you like the kitty! I had to find a LOL cat to go with it. :)

    I'm glad you guys are also excited! I can't wait to see what the cover is going to look like.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to read this one as well! It sounds awesome, and I can't wait to see the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw this a while ago but i didn't know what the plot was, it sounds amazing though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. METOOMETOO (to following her via twitter & having this in our to-read pile :D). I've watched the trailer and entered in the contest. *Fingers crossed that one of us wins :D*
    -Christina Reads YA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Yay! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...