I was going to do a post like this on my own, and then I saw that Nomes over at Ink Crush even had categories and stuff. Head on over to her blog if you want to participate too!
This is hard! I've seriously read some AMAZING stuff this year, but here it goes:
1. favourite book read so far in 2011:
This was TOUGH. Blood Rights is right up there, if not my favorite. I just think it was the whole package! The cover and the story are both equally epic.
2. most powerful book:
She makes some pretty tough choices!
3. brilliantly funny:
This one was funny and cute. She even had some dirty humor in there! Surprising for a YA book.
4. best ache-y, heart-breaking, tear-jerker read:
Was this one ever! Jeez! I felt like I was dying on the inside the whole time I was reading it. Just gut wrenching-ly awesome.
5. delicious rainy day comfort read:
6. adrenalin-fuelled, unputdownable award:
Such a crazy finale!
7. the beautiful prose award:
I loved the way this was written
8. most atmospheric and vivid setting:
This was a crazy setting with all the scary Fae running around Dublin!
9. i-so-want-to-go-there award:
Paris, cafes, and waterways? yes, please!
10. most original and imaginative:
I think a ghost love story is pretty imaginative!
11. best under-appreciated, hidden gem book:
The first book was really cute, but book two blew me away! There was one scene that was just amazing! This is written by an indie author and definitely not mentioned enough.
12. i-had-no-idea-i-would-love this-so award:
I knew I would like it, but I really loved it!
13. most haunting story:
14. outside my comfort zone, but gosh how i loved it:
I've definitely been reading more paranormal than anything, so this was outside of a typical read for me this year. I love John Green though, and I can't wait to read his other books.
15. series that i’m loving:
This series is yummy. yum yum yum
16. most memorable voice award:
For some reason, the voice or writing of this character sticks out the most to me
17. completely awesome premise award: