Saturday, July 9, 2011

Review: Dragon Bound

Title: Dragon Bound (Elder Races #1)
Author: Thea Harrison
Publisher: Berkley
Goodreads


Description (from Goodreads):
Half-human and half-wyr, Pia Giovanni spent her life keeping a low profile among the wyrkind and avoiding the continuing conflict between them and their dark Fae enemies. But after being blackmailed into stealing a coin from the hoard of a dragon, Pia finds herself targeted by one of the most powerful-and passionate-of the Elder races.

Review:

This book was GOOD!  So, so good.

I loved the way that Harrison wrote this. She surprised me by using unexpected words and phrases; It was refreshing and exciting! There was one line towards the end of the novel that I thought was just awesome and perfect. I can't tell you what it is because I don't want to give anything away, but it was one of those scenes where you feel all giddy and sigh to yourself.

The storyline was fantastic! Here is the gist of it: Pia is forced to steal something from a man (who can transform into a dragon) when others find out about her magical side that she has kept hidden for her entire life. There was lots of mystery and I loved that way that Thea Harrison only gave little bits at a time. It kept me turning that pages as fast as I could, that's for sure!

It's a paranormal romance, so it's definitely meant for readers who are mature enough to read about sex. Ok, warning said! The scenes in this book were hot and satisfying! Harrison sure does know how to paint a Steamy scene. The ones in this book may be my favorite of all of the ones I've ever read!

This is a total must read. If you like the Lords of the Underworld series or the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, definitely check out Dragon Bound! Even J.R. Ward is quoted on the cover as saying fans of TBDB will love this story.

The only bad thing I have to say is that I have to wait for the next books in the series to come out! If I could, I would devour them right now. Both the second and third books come out this year, so I don't have too long to wait!


3 comments:

  1. See, you managed to write a review. :) I am super excited for the next books in the series, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of this one yet! And it sounds SO GOOD! I'm adding it to my WL RIGHT NOW! I love dragons and dragon shifters are SO HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I love your enthusiasm, Candace! It really is super fantastic. I totally recommend it.

    Yay! I managed to write my own review! lol. I can't wait for the next one either, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Yay! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...