Sunday, July 24, 2011

In My Mailbox - July 24, 2011

In My Mailbox is a meme that is hosted by The Story Siren. It's a fun way to share what books we got for the week. They can be from publishers, the library, bought, or whatever. They don't have to be from the mailbox. Mine usually aren't! 



I think that I say I had an amazing week in books every week, but really, this week was freaking fantastic! 

I actually did a vlog this week! :)




Won: 

I won a bunch of Advanced Reader's Editions on Katie's Book Blog a few weeks ago, and they came in this week!!! Woo! Thank you Katie! I won all of these:
picture from Katie's Book Blog
I already have a copy of The Beginning of After, so she gave that to someone else. 

Shatter Me | Tahereh Mafi
I am so beyond excited for this one! If this were the only book I got this week, I would still be stoked. I got the ARC that doesn't have the cover. I kind of like that because I think it leaves more to the imagination.  

The Girl of Fire and Thorns | Rae Carson
So, I guess the cover of this book changed. I had no idea! The new cover is on goodreads.

Ten Thing We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have) | Sarah Mylnowski

Dead Rules | Randy Russel

Cold Kiss | Amy Garvey 

Eve | Anna Carey

Fateful | Claudia Gray


I also won a book from Kira at Mrs. Boswell's Book Bag. It's signed!! Yay! 

Possession | Elana Johnson
Thanks Kira! :)
Bought:

Beauty Queens | Libba Bray 


Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #2) | Maggie Stiefvater 


16 comments:

  1. I just started Beauty Queens and it is pretty funny do far. Great bunch of books! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great lot of ARCs. Really want to get some of those under my belt. Tough I do have Eve and Cold Kiss on netgalley. And received Fateful the last week too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so funny that we both did IMM vlogs and mentioned the same thing about the text color in Maggie's books! It stood out to me, too. :)

    I remember entering that ARC contest so CONGRATULATIONS for winning! I am reallllly looking forward to Shatter Me! What a great haul for you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somer- I'm glad it's funny! I love the books that I normally read, but I think I need a more lighthearted book once in a while.

    Braiden- I know! Pretty excited that I won that contest. :)

    Kaye- I can't wait for shatter me!!! I couldn't believe I actually won Katie's giveaway. It's just crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are on a winning streak! That is awesome. You got some great titles and I am positively drooling over some of them. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, talk about a lot of HOT ARC's!! You lucky thing! I finished Shatter Me the other day and loved it. Tahereh has such a unique and creative way with words! I hope you like it too.

    Okay, I'm insanely jealous of practically ALL your Harper books!!! I'm so excited to read what you think of them - hope they're AMAZING! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on all those wins Jennifer!!! Super jealous that you got Shatter Me but I know how much you wanted it so I'm really looking forward to what you'll think of it!

    Also really awesome that you got a finished copy of Wildefire!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great IMM! I am currently reading Beauty Queens and so far I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah I am so jealous of all your ARCs. I just got an eARC of Girl of Fire and Thorns and Eve, but would rather have the actually copy. I won't complain to much since I will get to read them early.
    I haven't read anything of Claudia Gray's either but I have the first 3 in her series. I'm really bummed she won't be at the Seattle stop :(
    I need to get a finished copy of Wildefire!
    I love all your books you got, can we switch mailboxes :D this week

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome books this week! your ARCs are the best! so many good books that I wanted to read. I need to buy Beauty Queens asap. Linger is pretty good, hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
    enjoy reading!

    here's my IMM if you want to check it out: http://crazytrinket.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox-is-meme-hosted-by-kristi.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You had a great week!! Keep seeing a lot of The Girl of Fire and Thorns! Will definitely keep my eye on that one!

    Happy Reading!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shatter Me, Dead Rules, and Ten Things are all great books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Now that is one AMAZING bk week! I want all those ARC's you got! I'm also super excited for Shatter Me. I think I should be getting an ARC soon. Hopefully!
    I read Possession last week and while it was very different I really liked it and it left a strong impression on me. One of those books you can't stop thinking about!
    Enjoy all your AMAZING books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are too adorable! did you know? of course you did.

    the girl of fire and thorns looks AMAZING. i want.

    yay for your vlog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha I loved this vlog!!

    Yay for Shatter Me!! That must have made your day =]

    Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have a nice list of books in your mailbox this week. The only book I haven't heard of is Fateful, I will have to look that one up.
    Happy Reading,
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Yay! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...