Monday, June 18, 2012

Recommend A... book that made you emotional

 
 This brand new meme is hosted by Chick Loves Lit. 
Feel free to head on over to her blog to read more about it or to join in. 


Recommend A…book that made you emotional


from goodreads:

 Diagnosed with Stage IV thyroid cancer at 13, Hazel was prepared to die until, at 14, a medical miracle shrunk the tumours in her lungs... for now.

Two years post-miracle, sixteen-year-old Hazel is post-everything else, too; post-high school, post-friends and post-normalcy. And even though she could live for a long time (whatever that means), Hazel lives tethered to an oxygen tank, the tumours tenuously kept at bay with a constant chemical assault.

Enter Augustus Waters. A match made at cancer kid support group, Augustus is gorgeous, in remission, and shockingly to her, interested in Hazel. Being with Augustus is both an unexpected destination and a long-needed journey, pushing Hazel to re-examine how sickness and health, life and death, will define her and the legacy that everyone leaves behind.



 Oh gosh... this book! This. Book. Just wow. John Green has such a poetic way with words. There were so many quotable moments in The Fault in Our Stars! I giggled and I bawled. There was just so much to this story! I just don't even have words. 

5 comments:

  1. Fourth time (including mine) for this book! This is because it tears your heart out! I don't know how John Green does it, but oh my god THIS BOOK!!!! Too many feelings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is officially the most popular pick! Every time I see a post recommending I feel like it should be my next read, but I'm not sure I'm ready for the emotions this week!

    Thanks for participating :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I own this one, but I haven't read this one or anything else by him. I will get to it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one the few books that made me physically shed a tear. That is saying something. Absolutely loved this book. Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not read this one, it hits too close to home. I work at a hospital where I see these types of children fighting cancer each day - so sad!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Yay! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...