Monday, April 25, 2011

Review: Wake Unto Me

Title: Wake Unto Me
Author: Lisa Cach
Publisher: The Penguin Group
Goodreads | Amazon



Description (from the back of the book):
I see him in my dreams, this mysterious boy. He comes from

a different time,
a different place,
a different reality.

But there is something that connects us. We are supposed to be together -  bound by the heart of another. But that's not possible... or is it?

My Review:

Wow, this story was so different!

I'm surprised that more people haven't yet read this! I'll be honest, I wasn't too sure about it either. I saw that Kristi (The Story Siren) liked it, and they had a signed copy at Powells, so I bought it. I'm so glad I gave it a chance! Perhaps the cover is to blame for it being overlooked? I don't think the cover fits this book well. If they didn't have a signed copy I would have just bought it for my kindle.

Anyways, on to the actual story!

France was such an enchanting location for this love story! A castle set in the French countryside all by itself is romantic, but add Caitlyn's story and it's near perfection.

This story had so much awesomeness! There was a dreamy love interest, aforementioned enchanting location, a mysterious storyline, nightmares, and possible time traveling. Whoa, right?

The mystery aspect was really great. It had a The Da Vinci Code feel to it, without being a blatant replication. I was never one hundred percent sure what was really going on.

I really liked Caitlyn's love interest too! I felt my heart start to race whenever she encountered him. Yummy.

The only thing I really wanted was more! I wish that this story was a good hundred pages longer (it could have been, easily). I felt like the end was wrapped up a little too quickly; I didn't want it to be over!

I'd definitely recommend picking this book up and giving it a try!

6 comments:

  1. Great review! I read this awhile back and really enjoyed it as well! It was actually the cover that made me buy it!! It was really different yet I still thoroughly enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review !! I'm currently reading this one .. I like it so far but I'm not loving it. I guess I had too high expectations =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good! I've been wanting to read this one

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to go to the local signings but they ended up conflicting with my schedule so I will have to pick it up one day that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elodie- bummer. :( I tried not to have too many expectations, so maybe that helped?

    Kristina I didn't go to this signing either. I should have! Oh well. I was still able to pick up a signed copy!


    Thanks for the comments guys! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Yay! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...