Thursday, April 12, 2012

Review: The Immortal Rules

The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden #1)
Julie Kagawa
Harlequin
Publish Date: April 24, 2012
 I received an advanced digital copy of this book for my review. This is my honest opinion.  


I know, I know... another vampire book?? But WAIT! Before you just roll your eyes and move on, I have to tell you, I really liked this book. Julie Kagawa did a fantastic job taking the idea of a vampire story and making it her own.

So, what made this one so unique? Vampire zombies! Ok, so Kagawa didn't use the word zombies per say, but that's kind of what they were. This series has so many of the things I love in a story! Vampires, zombies, genetic mutations, and strong character transformations. Oh, and I loved that the protagonist is Asian. An Asian vampire? Awesome!  I can't wait to see where Kagawa takes this story.

The only thing I don't like about this story is the fact that I have to wait until net year to read the next one! If you liked The Forest of Hands and Teeth, I think you'd also really like The Immortal Rules.

I still haven't read Kagawa's fae series, although I'm not sure why. I love faerie stories! I'll definitely be picking them up after reading this one. I'm a new Julie Kagawa fan!

3 comments:

  1. I keep hearing more and more good things about this. NetGalley needs to accept my request!

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ended up getting a copy of this one to read, going to start it after the book I will be starting today. I also haven't read her fae series, I own 2 of the books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked Allie as a character. She's stubborn and cute and she's a born leader. I just love how she doubts herself, but still does everything she can to live. She's a fighter, and I just love that!
    Though it was heartbreaking to see how she trusts people who aren't worth it.

    I also liked Zeke and Kanin. Zeke is suppose to become a leader, but he's still not too tough or rude or anything like that. A little too nice, so nice that he'll just gets himself hurt. Like Allie often tells him.
    Kanin is a stoic mentor with awful past. A past he's tormented by, and can't move on. We'll probably see more of him in the next book (which will be next year, OMG, poor guy will be tortured for a whole year! *sob*), or let's just say hopefully.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Yay! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...