Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Glitch

Glitch (Glitch #1)
Heather Anastasiu
St. Martin's Griffin
Goodreads

This book will be released August 7, 2012

Synopsis from goodreads:

In the Community, there is no more pain or war. Implanted computer chips have wiped humanity clean of destructive emotions, and thoughts are replaced by a feed from the Link network.

When Zoe starts to malfunction (or “glitch”), she suddenly begins having her own thoughts, feelings, and identity. Any anomalies must be immediately reported and repaired, but Zoe has a secret so dark it will mean certain deactivation if she is caught: her glitches have given her uncontrollable telekinetic powers.

As Zoe struggles to control her abilities and stay hidden, she meets other glitchers including Max, who can disguise his appearance, and Adrien, who has visions of the future. Both boys introduce Zoe to feelings that are entirely new. Together, this growing band of glitchers must find a way to free themselves from the controlling hands of the Community before they’re caught and deactivated, or worse.

In this action-packed debut, Glitch begins an exciting new young adult trilogy.

I think this cover is so neat! I hope they do something cool with it in the finished version... like make it shimmery or foiled.

It took me a while to write this review. I would open up blogger and just stare at the screen. What did I think? What did I want to say?? Ahhhh!!

I'm glad I waited a while to let it kind of sit with me because I've discovered that I really liked it! Many of the dystopians I've read in the past year or so start out with a young character who is about to be changed or placed into something that molds them into the "ideal" person, where in this book the people are already programmed. Zoe, the main character, starts to glitch and discovers her own thoughts and feelings.

I really liked discovering things through Zoe. I can't imagine what it would feel like going from kind of numb to the world around you, to getting slammed with your own thoughts and feelings suddenly!

I have to agree with other reviews and say that the insta-love was kinda annoying. The little twist after the insta-love moment that kind of made it better for me. Actually, there were lots of little twists in this story that I wasn't expecting, and I loved that.

Glitch was a good read! It didn't blow me away, but it will definitely stick with me. I am looking forward to the second book!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Yay! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...