Monday, January 7, 2013

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon

It's time for Bout of Books again! I usually try to take part, even if I don't get all that much accomplished. It's a fun way to read a bit more than usual and meet new bloggers! 

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon

If you'd like to know more about this read-a-thon, here is a description from the Bout of Books blog:
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 7th and runs through Sunday, January 13th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 6.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. -From the Bout of Books 6.0 team

Time Devoted to Reading

I will be reading all week! At least, I'll try.

My Goals

  • Read way more this week! I hope to finish 3 books, but that may be a bit much.
  • Participate on twitter
  • Meet more book bloggers! :)
  • Write some reviews! I have several that are in urgent need of posting. Must do that this week!

Books to Read


Updates

Monday
Number of books I've read today:
less than 1 - I had 25% left of Poison, and I am about half way through The Iron daughter
Total number of books I've read: I've finished one and started on another
Books: Poison and The Iron Daughter


Tuesday
Number of books I've read today: about 1/3 of a book
Total number of books I've read: 1
Books: The Iron Daughter


Wednesday
Number of books I've read today: about the last third of a book
Total number of books I've read: 1 and 1/4
Books: The Iron Daughter and Beautiful Creatures

Thursday
Number of books I've read today: about 50 pages? Maybe less.
Total number of books I've read: I've finished 2, and started another
Books: Beautiful Creatures

 Today was a high maintenance day with the kiddos, so I got less read.

Friday
Number of books I've read today: About 100 pages or so
Total number of books I've read:I've finished 2 and am about 1/3 of the way done with the last.
Books: Beautiful Creatures

Saturday and Sunday
Number of books I've read: The rest of the book I'm on
Total number of books I've read: 3!
Books: Beautiful Creatures

Final Tally

  • Finished the 1/4 of Poison left when I started. 
  • Read The Iron Daughter
  • Read Beautiful Creatures
  • wrote one review

Not bad! I really tried to read a bit more than usual, and it helped to have the read-a-thon to push me. It's been hard to read as much since having baby #2. I'm determined to reach my goal of 75 books this year though! I didn't have that much time to go on twitter or meet other bloggers this time. I'm a bit disappointed, but I knew that would be hard.

Til next time!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goals and have a great read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting post. It would be abounding if you can lath added abstracts about it. Accepting you
    Erectile Dysfunction Treatment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eastern Voyage Pvt. Ltd.providing Temple tours to whole India like North India – Amarnath, Haridwar, Rishikesh, Vaishno Devi, Mathura, Vrindavan etc. East India – Jagannath Temple- Puri Odisha, Kamakhya Temple-Assam,City of Temples,Bhubaneswar. West India – Ambaji , Dwarka,& Somnath, South India – Trupati Bala Ji, Kanyakumari, Rameshwaram etc.
    Indian Temple Tours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good advertisement by added visitors,its accordance adventitious to allocation acclimatized knowledge.i am so afflicted by this blog accumulated information.
    HealthCare CPA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eastern Voyage Pvt. Ltd.providing Luxury train Tours to whole India like Palace on Wheels, Maharajas Express, The Indian Maharaja Express, The Royal Maharaja on Wheels. You can see culture, tradition, customs, foods, cloths, art, royality, wild life, adventure etc on these trains.
    Luxury Indian Train Tours

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria Watches Over Us is presented with just hermes outlet a single audio track, which isn a surprise considering the limited appeal of the show to a larger audience. The fendi outlet Japanese stereo mix is encoded at 192kbps which serves the dialogue driven show pretty well. There isn even a lot of very noticeable music throughout the show so it not a terribly dynamic piece. That said rolex submariner replica, the dialogue does come across very well here as it fills the center channel nicely and is problem free throughout http://www.dibaq.com/read.html. With the dialogue being so important, the clarity is spot on and the warmth of the characters comes through very well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Yay! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...