Sunday, August 5, 2012

Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes (Angel Eyes #1)
Shannon Dittemore
Thomas Nelson
goodreads

synopsis:

 Once you’ve seen, you can’t unsee. Everything changes when you’ve looked at the world through . . .

ANGEL EYES

Brielle’s a ballerina who went to the city to chase her dreams and found tragedy instead. She’s come home to shabby little Stratus, Oregon, to live with her grief and her guilt . . . and the incredible, numbing cold she can’t seem to shake.

Jake’s the new guy at school. The boy next door with burning hands and an unbelievable gift that targets him for corruption.

Something more than fate has brought them together. An evil bigger than both of them lurks in the shadows nearby, hiding in plain sight. Two angels stand guard, unsure what’s going to happen. And a beauty brighter than Jake or Brielle has ever seen is calling them to join the battle in a realm where all human choices start.

A realm that only angels and demons—and Brielle—can perceive.

There were things I liked and there were things I didn't like about this book.

I love this cover! There's just something about it that draws me in. I think the colors are awesome. Mixed with the glow-y font and mysterious wooded area, it all jut makes it seem so eerie.

I find stories with angels in them fascinating. The ethereal aspects in Angel Eyes were really neat. I feel like there could be more of it, but since it's a series, I guess I wouldn't fault it for not having enough. Hopefully there will be more in the coming books.

I also really liked the love story. I thought Jake was really, really sweet! He just might be my favorite character in the whole book.

Her best friend died, and I can see how that made her feel like she was responsible, but it still felt like a bit much. I don't know... something was just off. I didn't like how that part of the story progressed. It really bothered me for some reason. It wasn't enough to make me dislike the book, but I'm not sure I'm going to read the rest of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Yay! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...